Cineplex Entertainment (“Cineplex”) and Front Row Centre Events announced today the expansion of its theatrical programming offering with seven new stage presentations this winter. Upcoming events will feature performances by actor-director Kenneth Branagh in a new series called Plays at the Garrick, the 120th anniversary production of The Importance of Being Earnest by the London Vaudeville Theatre, as well as the latest world-class performances from National Theatre Live. The complete line-up of new stage offerings includes:
- The Winter’s Tale from Kenneth Branagh Theatre Company – Kicking off the inaugural season of Plays at The Garrick comes this live performance of Shakespeare’s timeless tragicomedy of obsession and redemption, starring Kenneth Branagh and Judi Dench (November 26, 2015)
- The Importance of Being Earnest from London Vaudeville Theatre – Audiences will have the opportunity to see Oscar Wilde’s much-loved masterpiece starring acclaimed actor David Suchet (Poirot) as the formidable Lady Bracknell (December 3, 2015)
- Jane Eyre from National Theatre Live – A re-imagining of Charlotte Brontë’s acclaimed masterpiece (December 10, 2015)
- Les Liaisons Dangereuses from National Theatre Live – Donmar Warehouse’s highly anticipated new production (January 28, 2016)
- As You Like It from National Theatre Live – Shakespeare’s glorious comedy of love and change is brought to life (February 25, 2016)
- Romeo and Juliet from The Kenneth Branagh Theatre Company – Shakespeare’s heartbreaking tale of forbidden love starring Richard Madden, Lily James and Derek Jacobi is brought to life (Summer 2016)
- The Entertainer from The Kenneth Branagh Theatre Company – John Osborneʼs modern classic examination of public masks and private torment starring Kenneth Branagh (Fall 2016)
For theatre locations and show times visit Cineplex.com/Events.
Cineplex Inc. (“Cineplex”) is one of Canada’s leading entertainment companies and operates one of the most modern and fully digitized motion picture theatre circuits in the world. A top-tier Canadian brand, Cineplex operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food services, gaming, alternative programming (Front Row Centre Events), Cineplex Media, Cineplex Digital Solutions, Cineplex Digital Networks, and the online sale of home entertainment content through CineplexStore.com and on apps embedded in various electronic devices. Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE – Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Cineplex is headquartered in Toronto, Canada, and operates 162 theatres with 1,652 screens from coast to coast, serving approximately 74 million guests annually through the following theatre brands: Cineplex Odeon, SilverCity, Galaxy Cinemas, Scotiabank Theatres, Cineplex Cinemas and Cineplex VIP Cinemas presented by Scotiabank. Cineplex also owns and operates the UltraAVX, Poptopia, and Outtakes brands. Cineplex trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol CGX. More information is available at Cineplex.com.